Realme Book Slim review: Tad expensive, but a whole lot better than peers

 

The laptop I had been using for on-the-go work stopped working soon after I, like many other Indian professionals, began work from home in early 2020. It was a 2016 model powered by Core i3 processor with integrated Intel graphics, 8GB RAM and 1TB hard disk drive storage. I thought it was a decent laptop for basic everyday use, but I was wrong. Since then I have not been recommending any Intel Core i3-powered laptop to anyone for work-from-home purpose.

Recently, when I began testing the Realme Book Slim laptop for this review, I had my reservations, simply because it was powered by the 11th Gen Intel Core i3 processor. But I had to change my mind after a while, partly because Realme seemed to have changed the rules set by legacy consumer PC makers. The Realme Book Slim was unlike any other laptop in the entry-level thin-and-light segment. Everything about the Realme Book Slim appeared novel. No wonder the laptop delivered an unmatched experience.

Take for example the aluminium alloy construction. It is an entry-level laptop but its design and build quality speaks otherwise. Likewise, the laptop’s bright and vivid 2K resolution display is a monumental shift from conventional HD and fullHD screens available on most consumer laptops from legacy brands. Even the features like backlit keyboard and big trackpad are deserve appreciation as they are hard to find in most other entry-level laptops. Rounding off the package is the availability of most commonly used interfaces, including 2 x USB-C 3.2, 1 x USB-A 3.1 and 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack. For connectivity, there is the dual-band Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.1.

Read Complete Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Before Bahubali 2, makers to release Bahubali 1 again

Samsung rolls out 'Made in India' privacy app for Galaxy A71, Galaxy A51

Truecaller version 12 with new features for Android users launched