Not disappointed about 'Baahubali' missing out Oscar entry: Rajamouli (IANS Interview)

S.S.-Rajamouli.jpg

S.S. Rajamouli is not disappointed that his magnum opus "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" was not chosen as Indias official entry to the Oscars for the foreign language film category this year. The filmmaker says his aim is to take stories to a wider audience, and making money for the team, instead of winning awards.

"(I am) Not at all (disappointed at losing out the race to Oscars this year). When I make a film, I never think about awards. It is not my aim. The aim is to first satisfy myself with the story and then next is to see that it reaches the maximum number of audience and makes money for everyone who has put their life in it," Rajamouli told IANS here.

"That is my most important thing. If awards come, then I am happy. If they don't, I don't mind that because they are not at all my criteria," he added.

"Newton", a Hindi film set against the backdrop of elections in the world's largest democracy, has been announced as India's official entry for the the foreign language film category at the Oscars. "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion", which will have its TV premiere on Sony MAX on October 8, was also reportedly in contention.

Rajamouli attained global fame as the creator of the "Baahubali" universe -- which went on to become India's biggest blockbuster with worldwide earnings of over Rs 900 crore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Before Bahubali 2, makers to release Bahubali 1 again

Samsung rolls out 'Made in India' privacy app for Galaxy A71, Galaxy A51

Truecaller version 12 with new features for Android users launched