I'm comfortable with my pay: Deepika Padukone

Caption: Mumbai: Actress Deepika Padukone during the 3D trailer launch of her upcoming film "Padmavati" in Mumbai on Oct 31, 2017.(Photo: IANS)

A few months ago, there were rumours that actor Deepika Padukone, who plays the titular role, would be paid more than her male co-actors Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.

While present at the 3D version trailer launch of the upcoming film, the actress brushed away the matter of her remuneration for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's movie by saying that she is confident with what she gets.

She said, "Talking about my remuneration is not exciting for me. I am confident and comfortable with what I am paid. But let me tell you something and this is something I am really proud of is the fact that people like them have invested this kind of money on a film like this and poster like this. That for me is hugely encouraging."

Adding, "This is the biggest film that Indian cinema has seen, not in just terms of scale, but in terms of budget and resources, and what is the poster behind it? For me, that is the turning point for Indian cinema."

Deepika also said that the role was extremely challenging and different than Mastani in 'Bajirao Mastani'.

"Her (Rani Padmini's) battles were very different. Her power and energy is very different. She doesn't go out to battle field. She doesn't have a sword or armour. Here the spirit is similar. Her purity, intensity and values, are very relatable and identifiable, yet not in a literal sense. And for an actor, I found that even more difficult," noted Padukone.

"But how do you fight so much more than just a war? You're standing up for your tradition, culture, heritage, passion and love, there is so much that is going on, how do you stand up for all that, just by emoting without any tools. That is what I found extremely challenging for me, with Padmavati," she continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Before Bahubali 2, makers to release Bahubali 1 again

Samsung rolls out 'Made in India' privacy app for Galaxy A71, Galaxy A51

Truecaller version 12 with new features for Android users launched