Delhi girl commits suicide over alleged molestation by teachers: Updates

214

In a tragic incident, a 15-year-old girl student allegedly committed suicide here in Delhi's Mayur Vihar area on Tuesday. The teenage girl had reportedly failed in her Class 9 examinations. The deceased's father said that she had also accused her social sciences teachers of sexually harassing her and "touching her inappropriately". A case has been registered in the matter under Sections 306 and 506 of the IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act).
The deceased student belonged to the Ahlcon Public School in Mayur Vihar Phase-I. She reportedly hanged herself on Tuesday evening when she was alone at her home.

The father of the victim has blamed the school for her daughter's suicide. "She told me her SST teachers touched her inappropriately. I said since I am also a teacher, I can say they cannot do it, might be a mistake but she said, 'I am scared of them, no matter how well I write they will fail me. Ultimately they failed her in SST. School killed her," he said.
The father of the victim also alleged that earlier, one of the Ahlcon school's teachers had fractured his son's hand, after which he had put the child in another school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Before Bahubali 2, makers to release Bahubali 1 again

Samsung rolls out 'Made in India' privacy app for Galaxy A71, Galaxy A51

Truecaller version 12 with new features for Android users launched