A chair and computer accessories to configure a system for work and play

53
Generally, we stop at picking the best system for work and play. But, often, it is the interface and other things which go a long way in enhancing our experience. Presenting a few tools which would help you in the long run.


Rapoo V500Pro Rapoo V500Pro When I first heard of a mechanical keyboard at this price, I couldn’t believe it. That too a gaming one? Impossible! But price isn’t the only thing going for this one. The heft and weight of a mechanical keyboard and the feedback of the keys satiated the fan in me (my regular keyboard is a mechanical one, but isn’t made for gaming). Then I tried playing some varied games in the dark and the backlighting worked like a charm. While there aren’t dedicated macro keys for the hardcore gamer, there exists a combination of special keys, used in conjunction with the function key. And if you’re playing games such as the FIFA series or Battlefield, the experience’s is quite satisfactory. But most of all, I loved typing away to glory. If you look for it online, this keyboard costs even less, making for excellent value.
Price: Rs 3,999
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
1

2

You may have spent hundreds of thousands of rupees on a gaming PC, but all could come to nought if you don’t have the proper monitor. And of course, split seconds matter, especially if you’re a serious gamer. While playing Grid 2 on this 27-inch monitor, I managed to not bump into opponents after coming off a blind alley. And using its “dark” mode in Thief: Deadly Shadows was a lot of fun. The high refresh rates came in handy while playing RTS and action games. The monitor comes with a plethora of connectivity options and so I ended up connecting the Amazon Fire Stick to it, and binge-watching my favourite shows using its in-built speakers, which are good enough for use in the bedroom. It was a lot of fun playing games at their highest setting on the monitor and it is built of NVIDIA cards, supporting G-Sync technology, which essentially ensures there are no dropped frames. I couldn’t test this feature out as I didn’t have access to a card which supports this feature. Do bear in mind though that this monitor is quite bulky and the menu will certainly flummox you; and an external source selector remote would certainly have helped. Also, one could possibly get an UHD monitor at this price.

Price: Rs 84,999

The first time I used this product, I struggled to get the mouse out of sleep mode. The fault was between the chair and the keyboard; I’d neglected to read the instructions which said one had to get the mouse out of standby after not using it for more than 8 minutes by pressing a button or scrolling, and not moving it. That out of the way, I liked the look and feel of the round keycaps. The set paired easily with an old PC I use as a media centre and soon I was doing a lot of stuff from the couch. It helps that all the batteries needed to operate the set comes in the box. But one needs to have a proper surface for the mouse to work; I used an old magazine with varying results. The function key adds some media control functions as well. But do remember this isn’t made for anything more than casual gaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Before Bahubali 2, makers to release Bahubali 1 again

Samsung rolls out 'Made in India' privacy app for Galaxy A71, Galaxy A51

Truecaller version 12 with new features for Android users launched